It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 5 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: The Official Jack Crow Must Go Thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:42 am 

Guys, I jumped back on this message board to check the comments about the meltdown from Saturday and see what everybody is saying about Crow, and there are 20+ DIFFERENT THREADS regarding these two related topics. Geez it makes it tough to read and keep up! How about we combine all these comments under one common thread, and put new comments here as well versus starting so many new threads? Is it possible for a moderator (do we have one) to combine all of the comments from the other threads into one?

Post subject: Re: The Official Jack Crow Must Go Thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:29 am 

An admin may have that kind of power, but we moderators can't do it. The best I can do is lock topics or edit/delete posts.

I agree, though, it's gotten out of hand. One or two topics on the subject would've been adequate.

Bill Clark has a grizzly bear carpet in his office. The bear isn't dead. It's just afraid to move.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:54 am 

Okay so I wanted to take an objective look at this thing with Crowe. Guess I wanted to prove or disprove that he is as bad as I believe. Here is a brief summary of what I find from a statistical point of view (please keep in mind I am not an anyalist):

Websters: Mediocre is defined as of moderate or low quality, value, ability, or performance. Ordinary, So-So

CROWE (88 – 78 overall): This should speak volumes – he is just mediocre.

11 full seasons at JSU (74 – 48) with 2 conference titles

Against the traditional big powers in the OVC (EKU & E. Ill.) Crowe is 9-9 – mediocrity!!

2003 – Conference Champ; also EMBARRASED by D2 North Alabama at home; DESTROYED in the playoffs
2004 – Conference Champ; lost when ranked to TTU & DESTROYED in the playoffs
2005 – Started the season 0-3 with a 5-2 conference record
2006 – 4-3 conference record
2007 – Started 1-3 and finished 0-2 the finish was against conference teams
2008 – 6-2 conference
2009 – Lost to Florida State with 1+ minutes left. Bobby Bowden said, “If they had not changed their defense we would never have won the game.” 6-1 conference record
2010 – 6-2 conference record. FINISHED 1-3
This year speaks for itself.

BURGESS (84-49-4)

Last 11 Seasons at JSU – (81-43-3) with 4 conference titles and 1 National Title

1993 – 3-7 (First year of FCS)
1994 – 4-7
1995 – 7-4
1996 – 1-9 Trustees had enough and made the change!

WILLIAMS: (9-17) overall and was 1-10 his final year. The trustees had enough and made a change.

I pray Crowe never goes 1-for anything; however, statistically he may not be as bad as we want to believe. He does not have the winning percentage of Burgess nor does he have the hardware.

I still want him gone! I still think we can do better! At some point the powers that be are going to have to decide if they want to settle for mediocrity, or do they want to be a power to be reckoned with. The Crowe supporters like him for whatever reason, but his record speaks for itself. He is simply subpar in a very weak conference. He has a drinking problem. He has a temper problem. He is complacent and comfortable like a big fat cat because he feels no heat to improve.

FIRE HIM IMMEDIATELY, OR PUT PERFORMANCE MEASURES IN PLACE THAT HE MUST ACHIEVE TO KEEP HIS JOB!!!!

Gamecock Proud!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:18 pm 

The problem in Burgess' last season (at least in my book) was losing to West GA. Granted, overall our schedule was probably tougher than it is now...but losing to WGC was not acceptable.

...not saying CBB should have been fired...as bad as our AD is funded now, they were still D2 then - while our schedule was D1AA. Had Burgess been retained, we would have more closely resembled what Wofford is today after a few more seasons. The worst Wofford did after going D1AA was 3-7, with a loss to Morehead.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:43 pm 

For anyone interested, here is a list of successful 6A coaches in state that could be "emergency" replacements that may actually be great finds.

Name School Record
Josh Niblett Hoover 42-4 (1 state championship)
Jamey Dubose Prattville 35-9 (1 state championship)
Glenn Vickery Daphne 82-24 (4 state championships)

Now, this is only in the current positions. Due to the nature of high school sports, it was difficult to find full career stats about these guys.
I did find out though that Dubose was the OC in Prattville's first two championships, and Vickery won multiple championships at Davidson and Mobile Christian.
It's hard to predict how any of these guys would transition to college football, but considering the size of their current programs, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

What do you guys think?
Anyone have any other suggestions? It would be great to get a list of college coaches too.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:44 pm 

Not gonna lie, i'm sickened that a pink slip hasn't been handed to Crowe yet. We have championship players and a coach that knows how to throw a good thing away. This season is sickening.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:21 pm 

JSU Zack wrote:
For anyone interested, here is a list of successful 6A coaches in state that could be "emergency" replacements that may actually be great finds.

Name School Record
Josh Niblett Hoover 42-4 (1 state championship)
Jamey Dubose Prattville 35-9 (1 state championship)
Glenn Vickery Daphne 82-24 (4 state championships)

Now, this is only in the current positions. Due to the nature of high school sports, it was difficult to find full career stats about these guys.
I did find out though that Dubose was the OC in Prattville's first two championships, and Vickery won multiple championships at Davidson and Mobile Christian.
It's hard to predict how any of these guys would transition to college football, but considering the size of their current programs, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

What do you guys think?
Anyone have any other suggestions? It would be great to get a list of college coaches too.

http://www.ahsfhs.org/
This site may help for Alabama HS coaches.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:27 pm 

Josh Nibblet - 116-37 in 12 years
Jamey Dubose - 51-21 in 6 years
Glenn Vickery - 217-94 in 27 years ('76-'96 at Mobile Christian)

OR

Bill Clark 106-11 in 9 seasons!!!!

FEAR THE BEAK!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:06 pm 

I really don't like the idea of bringing in a high school coach, no matter how successful he has been. Out here in Texas Todd Dodge was the most successful coach in Texas 5A football recent history at Southlake Carroll, amassing a record of 79-1 and 4-1 in state championship games over 5 years. Yes, the one loss was by 1 point in the state championship game. He was then hired by the University of North Texas to begin the rebuilding of that program with very high expectations from the masses and failed miserably!

The problem is being a head coach of a Division 1 football program is a whole different ballgame than coaching high school. You gotta be able to analyze talent, recruit great players, deal with school politics and media, placate alumni, abide by NCAA rules, monitor player's on and off-field behaviour (their mama's ain't there), and coach against a whole different talent level.

I want somebody who has the proven ability to coach at this level, either as a head coach or a highly regarded assistant. This should be one of the best FCS jobs in the nation, so lets recruit a head coach from a consistent top 20 team that would love to take on the JSU facilities, tradition and support (and would love the Southerners!). Somebody like Mike Ayers from Woffard comes to mind.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:02 pm 

Why? We won a NC with a HS coach.

I still think Clark or Turk are #1 choices.

FEAR THE BEAK!

Page 1 of 5 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next